Dennis Mulvihill is a partner in the firm. Mulvihill’s practice is primarily in the areas of product liability, medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents and workplace injuries. Dennis has received many statewide honors in recent years. Since 2012, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, named Dennis one of the top 50 lawyers in Cleveland and one of the top 100 lawyers in Ohio. Dennis has been named an Ohio Super Lawyer every year since 2008, honoring the top five percent of all lawyers in Ohio; and prior to that, was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers, honoring the best young lawyers in the state. These recognitions are based on the results of statewide surveys of lawyers and peer evaluation.
In 2012, Dennis was appointed by the Ohio General Assembly to the Ohio Constitutional Modernization Commission as one of twenty public members. The Commission also includes twelve members of the Ohio Legislature. The purpose of the Commission is to the study the constitution, discuss changes, and make recommendations to the General Assembly and public to modernize the Constitution.
In 2010-2011 Dennis was the President of the Ohio Association for Justice, the only statewide association of trial attorneys who devote their practices to representing people who have been injured by the negligence of others. He has been a member of the OAJ Board of Trustees since 1999.
In 2014, Dennis was named a Fellow in the International Society of Barristers, and organization that recognizes the best advocates from each era, and whose mission is to support the right to trial by jury; improve advocacy; abolish animosity between lawyers representing plaintiffs and defendants; encourage ethical conduct; and protect the rights of citizens, the independence of the judiciary, and the integrity of the bar.
Mulvihill has had numerous six and seven figure verdicts on behalf of injured clients in medical malpractice, product’s liability, auto-accident, and other negligence cases.
Dennis was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan and graduated from Kenyon College in 1988. In college he was an All-American swimmer and participated in the 1988 and 1992 Olympic swimming trials, in an effort to make the United States Olympic Swimming Team. He taught high school history for two years at University School in Hunting Valley, Ohio, and graduated from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, cum laude, in 1994.
- Ohio, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1996
- J.D. Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, 1994, Cum Laude
- A.B. Kenyon College, 1988
Honors And Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyer: 2008-present
- Top 100 Lawyer in Ohio: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Top 50 Lawyer in Cleveland: 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Appointed to the Ohio Constitutional Modernization Commission by the Ohio General Assembly, 2012-present
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers 2014
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ)
- President: May 2010-May 2011
- Board of Trustees: 1999-present
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys (CATA)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA)
Contact Us Today
Free Case Review