Skechers Injury Lawsuit | Skechers Shape-Ups Injury Lawsuit | Lawyer, Attorney
Skechers Injury Lawsuit | Injuries, Injured | Skechers Shape-Ups Injuries Lawsuit, Toning Shoe Injury Lawsuit | Skechers Injury Lawsuits Class Action Lawsuit, Skechers Shape-Ups Injury Class Action Lawsuit, Toning Shoe Injury Class Action Lawsuit | Injury or Injuries: Dislocated Hip, Broken Hip, Broken Ankle, Foot Or Leg Injury | Consumers Mislead, Shoe Benefits Not Supported, Misleading Advertising, False Claims | Lawsuits, Lawyers, Attorney
Skechers Injury Lawsuit Information: If you or a loved one suffered a serious Skechers injury while wearing Skechers Shape-Ups toning shoes, you may be able to receive significant financial compensation by filing a Skechers injury lawsuit. The maker of Skechers Shape-Ups claimed the toning shoes’ rounded sole design allows wearers to “get in shape without setting foot in a gym.” But because the rounded or “rocker bottom” sole on Skechers Shape-Ups changes the way a person walks, creating an unstable gait, wearers of the toning shoes can sustain serious injuries in falls. Skechers injury lawsuits due to severe injuries have been consolidated together in the Skechers Toning Shoe Product Liability Multi-District Litigation (MDL 2308) currently underway in U.S. Federal District Court, Western District of Kentucky. Richard W. Schulte, of Wright & Schulte LLC is a member of the Skechers Plaintiff’s Steering Committee for this multidistrict litigation that is overseeing all Skechers injury lawsuits due to severe injuries.
Skechers Injury Lawsuit And What You Can Do If You’ve Been Severly Injured Due To Skechers Toning Shoes
Wright & Schulte LLC is accepting Skechers injury lawsuit cases throughout all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been injured by Skechers shape-Up toning shoes, you should contact our Skechers Injury Attorneys immediately for a FREE Skechers injury lawsuit consultation. Please use the form to the right to contact our Skechers injury attorneys or call us toll-free 24 hours a day at 1-800-399-0795. Don’t delay, Wright & Schulte LLC is here to help you now!
Other Skechers Injury Lawsuit News!
Alleged victims of these toning shoes have already filed Skechers injury lawsuits in courts throughout the U.S., and a consolidated Skechers toning shoe litigation is pending in U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky. Richard W. Schulte, of Wright & Schulte LLC is a member of the Skechers Plaintiff’s Steering Committee for this multidistrict litigation. If you’ve been injured by Skechers Shape-Ups, you should contact a Skechers injury lawyer at Wright & Schulte LLC today. Our Skechers Shape-Ups injury lawyers have already filed Skechers Shape-Ups lawsuits on behalf of many injured consumers, and our Skechers Shape-Ups injury attorneys are currently accepting Skechers Shape-Ups injury cases from around the country. We urge you to contact Wright & Schulte LLC and one of our experienced Skechers Shape-Ups injury lawyers to learn how you can receive compensation for your pain and suffering today.
What are Skechers Shape-Ups Toning Shoes?
Skechers Shape-Ups were touted as a revolution in workout shoes. Skechers USA claimed that the unstable gait created by the toning shoes’ rounded “rocker bottom” sole design would allow the wearer to tone and strengthen the muscles in their thighs, buttocks and abdomen. Celebrity endorsers like Kim Kardashian convinced thousands of consumers that wearing the toning shoes during normal daily activities would allow them to lose weight, tone muscles, improve posture, improve cardiovascular health, and reduce stress on knees and ankles.
None of this advertising, however, warned consumers about the serious injuries that could come from wearing a shoe that changes the way a person walks. Older people, people with pre-existing balance conditions and even people who are just out of shape, face the highest risk for a Skechers Shape-Ups injury. But because they are so unstable compared to a normal athletic shoe, anyone who wears Skechers Shape-Ups is at risk for serious injury.
What Types of Injuries Can Skechers Shape-Ups Cause?
A large number of Skechers Shape-Ups injuries are the result of falls caused by the unstable gait the toning shoes produce. While anyone can fall while wearing Skechers Shape-Ups, those with vertigo and other balance problems, an already abnormal gait, or weak ankles, are most likely to fall while wearing the shoes.
Potential injuries that could result from wearing Skechers Shape-Up toning shoes include:
- Head injuries
- Broken legs, ankles
- Muscle strains
- Torn ligaments
- Hamstring injuries
- Achilles tendon strains and sprains
- Pulled muscles
- Knee injuries
- Stress fractures
- Hip fractures
- Dislocated hips
- Ankle injuries
- Stress fractures
- Wrist injuries
- Foot injuries
In May 2011, Consumer Reports published an article stating that toning shoes had produced more injury reports than any other product in its database. The reported injuries included tendinitis and foot, leg and hip pain. The more severe reported injuries included broken bones. It’s not clear yet if users of Skechers Shape-Ups might face health consequences from wearing the shoes long-term. Advertising and marketing materials for Skechers Shape-Ups don’t provide any information on whether the shoes are safe to use as regular footwear, or whether their use should be limited to working out.
What Should I do if I’ve Been Injured and Want to File a Skechers Injury Lawsuit?
By filing a Skechers Shape-Ups injury lawsuit, you may be able to obtain financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost income while you were off work due to your injury, pain and suffering, and more. However, there are some steps you should take that can help your lawyers make an effective Skechers toning shoe injury case on your behalf:
- Stop wearing your Skechers Shape-Ups once you’ve been injured and received medical treatment.
- Keep your Skechers toning shoes in a safe place, as they will be important evidence for your Skechers Shape-Ups lawsuit.
- Contact Wright & Schulte LLC for a free, no obligation legal evaluation of your potential Skechers Shape-Ups lawsuit to ensure your rights are protected.
Skechers Shape-Ups Injury Lawsuit Update
- December 2011: The Skechers Toning Shoe Products Liability Litigation (MDL #2308) has been established in U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky. All federally filed Skechers Shape-Ups injury lawsuits will be transferred to the Western District of Kentucky for pre-trial proceedings. U.S. District Court Judge Thomas B. Russell is overseeing the litigation.
- May 16, 2012: Skechers has agreed to provide refunds to purchasers of Skechers Shape-Ups and other toning shoes in an agreement with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The agreement prohibits the company from making future claims about certain health and fitness benefits “unless they are true and backed by scientific evidence. The FTC agreement does not, however, address any Skechers Shape-Ups injury claims.
- August 14, 2012: A federal judge approves a tentative $40 million settlement between Skechers USA Inc. and consumers who alleged ads for the toning shoes made unfounded claims that the footwear would help people lose weight and strengthen muscles. The settlement resolves some 70 consumer lawsuits consolidated in the Western District of Kentucky, also before Judge Russell. However, the settlement does not address any injury claims pending in the Skechers Toning Shoe Products Liability Litigation (MDL #2308).
- August 22, 2012: Richard W. Schulte, a partner with Wright & Schulte LLC, is appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the Skechers Toning Shoe Products Liability Litigation (MDL #2308). Mr. Schulte will work with Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsels and Liaison Counsel to coordinate and prosecute Skechers lawsuit injury claims on behalf of consumers who sustained serious injuries, allegedly due to Skechers Shape-Ups.
Contact a Skechers Shape-Ups Injury Lawyer, Attorney
Wright & Schulte LLC continues to offer FREE lawsuit evaluations to victims of alleged Skechers Shape-Ups injuries. Our Skechers Shape-Ups Injury Lawyers, Attorneys have handled numerous Skecher injury claims and can help evaluate your injuries or claim. If you or a loved one suffered head trauma, broken bones, dislocations, tendinitis or another serious injury that may have been caused by Skechers Shape-Ups, please fill out our online form, or call 1-800-399-0795 for a free Skechers Injury Lawsuit evaluation and to learn more about your options for legal recourse.