Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit | Vaginal Mesh Recall | Vaginal Mesh MDL, Lawyer, Litigation, Attorney
Vaginal Mesh Implant Lawsuit | Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits, Vaginal Mesh Recall, Vaginal Mesh Complications, Vaginal Mesh Removal, Vaginal Mesh Sling, Bladder Mesh Class Action Lawsuit | Problems & Complications: Mesh Erosion, Erosion through internal tissue, Pain, Infection, Bleeding, Recurrence of pelvic organ prolapse or Stress Urinary Incontinence, Urinary Problems, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Vaginal Scarring, Bowel, Bladder and Blood Vessel Perforation
At Wright & Schulte, LLC, our vaginal mesh lawyers are currently evaluating Vaginal Mesh lawsuit claims from women who have been injured or required additional surgery allegedly due to use of these vaginal mesh implants. Our vaginal mesh attorneys are committed to aggressively fighting for victims’ rights and holding negligent medical device manufacturers responsible for the physical and emotional trauma vaginal mesh slings have caused thousands of women. We strongly encourage injured parties to receive a free vaginal mesh lawsuit consultation and learn more about their legal rights by emailing us or calling us toll-free at 1-800-399-0795.
Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits Pending Against Manufacturers And Devices
Hundreds of women Throughout the U.S. hundreds of women have endured various injuries following surgery that implanted vaginal mesh devices to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI).
Victims of Vaginal Mesh Implants have filed numerous vaginal mesh lawsuits throughout the United States against the makers of these devices, including:
- American Medical Systems’ Elevate, Perigee and Apogee Transvaginal Mesh Devices
- Boston Scientific’s Advantage Transvaginal Mid-Urethral Sling System, Pinnacle Posterior Pelvic Floor Repair Kit, Obtryx Transobturator Mid-Urethral Sling System, Polyform Synthetic Mesh, Prefyx Mid U Mesh Sling System, Prefyx PPS System, Uphold Vaginal Support System Products
- C.R. Bard’s Avaulta, Pelvisoft BioMesh, Pelivicol Acellular Collagen Matrix, Pelvitext, and Pelvilace Transvaginal Mesh Devices
- Johnson & Johnson/Ethicon’s Gynecare, Gynemesh, Gynecare Prolift, Gynecare Prolift+M, Gynecare Prosima and Gynecare TVT Products
Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits Pending In In Federal Multidistrict Litigation MDL
Thousands of women have since filed vaginal mesh lawsuits against the manufacturers of these devices. Four vaginal mesh MDL litigations are underway in the Southern District of West Virginia, including:
- In re: Boston Scientific Corp., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 2326);
- In re: C. R. Bard, Inc. Pelvic System Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2187);
- In re: Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 2327); and
- In Re: Coloplast Corp. Pelvic Support System Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 2387)
Two additional consolidated transvaginal mesh litigations have also been established in New Jersey Superior Court, Bergen County, involving vaginal mesh devices manufactured by C.R. Bard and Ethicon Inc. The first trial in the New Jersey Ethicon litigation got underway this month, and is expected to conclude within a few weeks. (In re: Pelvic Mesh Litigation/Bard, No. L-6339-10 and In re Pelvic Mesh/Gynecare Litigation, No. 6341-10)
Vaginal Mesh Complications & Problems Mentioned By FDA
The 2011 FDA report on vaginal mesh complications is not the first warning issued by the FDA about these devices; in fact, in 2008, the FDA issued a public vaginal mesh alert to warn the public that these vaginal devices could cause the following vaginal complications & problems:
- Mesh erosion through the vaginal lining (clinically referred to as the vaginal epithelium)
- Erosion through internal tissue
- Vaginal scarring
- Urinary pain
- Urinary problems
- Pain during sexual intercourse (clinically known as dyspareunia)
- Recurrence of Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Recurrence of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Perforation of blood vessels
- Perforation of bowel
- Perforation of bladder
- An overall negative effect on patients’ quality of life
The FDA Report on Vaginal Mesh Implants
According to a 2011 report issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), vaginal mesh implants do not offer greater improvements to the physical problems associated with stress urinary incontinence (SUI) or pelvic organ prolapse (POP) than traditional surgeries that do not involve these vaginal mesh slings. What is even more shocking and compelling than this fact publicized by the FDA’s report are the following points that it brings to light:
- Vaginal mesh complications are not rare.
- Approximately 10 percent of women with these devices experience serious problems that require revision surgery and possibly vaginal mesh removal within 12 months of having the device implanted. In some cases, woman will require multiple surgeries.
- From 2008 through 2010, seven woman have died as a result of vaginal mesh problems and post-operative complications.
Although the FDA has already reviewed the results of 110 studies as part of issuing this 2011 vaginal mesh warning report, it stated in this report that further studies need to done and that it is considering issuing some regulatory changes regarding these implants; the FDA has yet to issue a nationwide vaginal mesh recall.
While, in 2008, the FDA recommended that physicians obtain extra training on how to properly insert these devices, it also recommended that patients receive regular checkups following vaginal mesh implantation and that women be aware of the possible complications and their symptoms so they know when to seek immediate medical attention.
Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit News Links
Bloomberg News – J&J Mesh Approved by FDA Based on Recalled Device
Manly Daily – North Manly mother takes legal action against Johnson & Johnson over mesh
Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits and Settlements
If you believe that you have suffered from vaginal mesh sling failure or complications, the skilled personal injury lawyers at Wright & Schulte LLC recommend that you learn more about your rights and receive a thorough Vaginal Mesh lawsuit evaluation of your case. Our vaginal mesh attorneys are dedicated to defending victims’ rights, and we can help build the strongest possible vaginal mesh lawsuit for those who qualify. To receive professional advice regarding how to move forward with your Vaginal Mesh lawsuit claim, simply fill out the online form on the right, or give Wright & Schulte LLC a call, toll-free, at 1-800-399-0795.